With today being the first full day of Spring, my mind is full of wandering to days of sunshine and flowers; therefore, I am sharing some totally useless trivia. On a day like this, you’re lucky to get that much…just sayin’.
While listening to the radio this morning, I heard about a list of “77 Facts That Sound Like A Bunch of BS, But Are Actually True”. Well, that’s just bait for inquiring minds.
Here are some of the more interesting facts from the list (thank you troublemakers.com).
- If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds just like Pac-Man.
- The YKK on your zipper stands for “Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikigaisha.”
- Maine is the closest U.S. state to Africa.
- Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., and Barbara Walters were born in the same year, 1929.
- The name Jessica was created by Shakespeare in the play Merchant of Venice.
- Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone than she did to the building of the Great Pyramids.
- Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto.
- Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
- Hippo milk is pink.
- Mr. Clean’s full name is Veritably Clean.
- Cookie Monster’s real name is Sid.
- The heart of a blue whale is so big; a human can swim through the arteries.
- Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire.
- Not once in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it mention that he’s an egg.
- France was still executing people with a guillotine when the first Star Wars film came out.
- The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
- A strawberry isn’t a berry but a banana is. So are avocados and watermelons.
- New York City is further south than Rome, Italy.
- North Korea and Finland are separated by one country.
- Mammoths went extinct 1,000 years after the Egyptians finished building the Great Pyramid.
- There are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos.
- If you shrunk the sun down to the size of a white blood cell and shrunk the Milky Way Galaxy down using the same scale, it would be the size of the continental United States.
- Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
- The difference in time between when Tyrannosaurus Rex and Stegosaurus lived is greater than the difference in time between Tyrannosaurus Rex and now.
- Pluto never made a full orbit around the sun from the time it was discovered to when it was declassified as a planet.
- Honey never spoils. You can eat 32,000-year-old honey.
- There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.
- Here’s what sand looks like under a microscope
- There’s enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of water.
- For every human on Earth there are approximately 1.6 million ants. The total weight of all those ants is approximately the same as the total weight of all the humans on Earth.
- You can’t hum while holding your nose. (You just tried, didn’t you?)
- It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
- If a piece of paper were folded 42 times, it would reach to the moon.
- The pyramids were as old to the ancient Romans as the ancient Romans are to us.
- If you dug a hole to the center of the Earth and dropped a book down, it would take 42 minutes to reach the bottom.
- Every two minutes, we take more pictures than all of humanity in the 19th century.
- There are more atoms in a glass of water than glasses of water in all the oceans on Earth.
- The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains a molecule of water that also passed through a dinosaur is almost 100%.
- At the time the current oldest person on Earth was born, there was a completely different set of human beings on the planet.
- And at the time you were born, you were briefly the youngest person in the entire world.
So, there you go. I’m headed out to soak up the sun! Happy Spring!
See more at: ChallengesChanges.com New Website – Come on over!