“I just need to find a recipe really quickly, this will only take a second.” Two hours later…lots of cute animals, lovely rooms, great shoes…still no recipe.
If you haven’t yet ventured into the realm of Pinterest there are a few things you should know:
- Pinterest is a way for you to keep all those things you find on the internet (which you’d like to remember) in one place.
- “Pins” are lovely little bookmarks which you place upon a board.
- “Boards” are collections of pins related to a topic.
- As you find a website you like or an item you want to re-visit, you “pin” it to a “board” which you have created. For example: “10 carat diamond rings” would be pinned to the board entitled, “If he loves me, he’ll buy this for me”.
- You may “follow” people you know so you can see their pins/boards. You may also follow people you don’t know who seems to like the same things as you do.
- Pinterest will give you a lot of ideas but there is a price…your time. As you search for one item, you will soon find dozens of others you had no idea you needed to see.
Some of the best boards on Pinterest are called “Pinterest Fails: I nailed it”. They are the result of attempts at pins which didn’t turn out exactly as planned. Here are a few examples:
A cute cake for a children’s party…
Some lovely Christmas cookies to share…
A beautiful photograph of your beloved child…
As you can see, sweet dreams are made of Pinterest but results may vary.
It’s a fun site to explore and a great “idea” hatchery. So if you don’t succeed in every attempt, you still receive an “A” for effort. Pin away!