In honor of it being Friday the 13th, I am sharing with you a few things I know for sure.
Here they are…
- This too shall pass. Whenever life brings you down, hold on – better days are coming.
- You are what you eat. Garbage in, garbage out. Your diet affects your skin, hair, nails, weight, mental health, energy levels and much more.
- You can’t do it alone. Everyone needs someone they can always count on. Some of us need more than one. The caveat is that you must reach out to them – they aren’t mind readers.
- Move every day. You can’t be healthy and fit if you are watching life pass you by while you’re sitting on the couch or in front of the computer. At least once an hour you should be walking around – getting a drink – stretching a little.
- Family matters. Don’t ever ignore the issues within your family – deal with them and keep things open.
- Forgiveness is for YOURSELF, not someone else. Forgiveness is the key to set YOU free from emotional bondage – for them, it’s a bonus.
- Laugh every day. Laughter really is the best medicine – it relaxes your body, releases endorphins, helps your heart and keeps you sane.
- Treasure your friends. Tell them how much you appreciate them. Unlike family, they don’t have to be there – they want to be.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Life is not meant to be lived there – that’s where you go to get recharged and rested. Try something new. Hopefully it scares you just a little bit.
- Never stop learning – keep your mind young and active. There’s never a day, no matter how long you live, when you’ll know it all. Challenge yourself.
- Give more than you receive. You’ll feel better and someone else will too. It’s good for the soul.
- Never compromise on your values. You value them for a reason – they help keep you on the right path and living a well balanced life.
- Whisper, don’t yell. People will lean in to hear what you are saying rather than being repelled – especially children.
So have no fear – Friday’s here and it’s all good.
Would love to hear what your “Things I know for sure” are. Please share.